What is Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed Extract?
The main chemical component of griffonia simplicifolia seed extract is 5-Hydroxytrophan (5-HTP for short), which is a natural amino acid extracted from the dried seeds of the leguminous plant Griffonia Simplicifolia. The chemical name is 5-hydroxy-3-indolyl-α-aminopropionic acid. Compared with synthetic 5-hydroxytryptophan, it is safer to use. People with low serotonin (5-HT) levels are more prone to depression, impulsivity and even aggressive behavior. 5-Hydroxytryptophan can be converted into 5-HT through decarboxylation in the body, which can help the body increase 5-HT levels , Is an important neurological drug. Modern studies have found that 5-hydroxytryptophan has physiological effects such as anti-depression, central analgesia, hypnosis, anti-stress, and regulation of endocrine.
Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract contains polysaccharides, proteins, oils and other macromolecular substances. Ultrafiltration membranes can selectively remove macromolecular impurities and retain small molecules of 5-hydroxytryptophan.
Griffonia simplicifolia seeds are the dried seeds of the leguminous shrub Ghana grain Griffonia simplicifolia, native to West African countries such as Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire and Togo. Since ancient times, folk medicine in West Africa has used the leaves of Ghana seeds to recover wounds, and the leaves are boiled into juice.
Griffonia simplicifolia extract is a good medicine for the treatment of urinary tract disorders and kidney diseases; in addition to the efficacy of treating pelvic congestion, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, stomach pain and antibiotic properties, Griffonia seeds are also well-known for improving human sexual function; mashed bark It can not only be made into ointment to treat chancroid, but also can be used to produce preservatives.
Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed Extract
|Appearance:||Brown Yellow Powder|
|Extraction Type:||Solvent Extraction|
|Extract Ratio:||10:1 20:1|
|Odor & Taste:||Characteristic|
Hydrothermal reflux extraction method: Take 5.00g of griffonia simplicifolia seed powder and extract with 50mL of distilled water at 80℃ for 2h, filter, collect the filtrate and dilute to 50mL with water.
Alcohol reflux extraction method: Take 5.00g of griffonia seed powder and extract with 50mL 50% ethanol solution at 80℃ for 2h, filter, collect the filtrate, and dilute to 50mL with 50% ethanol solution.
Ultrasonic water extraction method: Take 5.00g of griffonia seed powder, ultrasonically extract with 50mL of distilled water for 30min, filter, collect the filtrate, and dilute to 50mL with water.
Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed Extract Benefits:
1. Antidepressant effect: Experimental observation of the utilization of TRP (tryptophan) in patients with depression found that the utilization of L-TRP in patients with major depression was significantly lower than that in patients with mild depression.
2. Central analgesic effect: TRP may exert a central analgesic effect by increasing the content of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HTP) in the central nervous system.
3. The effect of cardiovascular system
4. Hypnotic effect: 5-hydroxytryptophan can generate serotonin, the precursor of the nerve hormone, with the help of vitamin B6 in the body, thereby promoting sleep and mental stability.
5. Anti-stress physiological effects
6. The effect on neuroendocrine activity. 5-hydroxytryptophan can be converted into some hormones to directly participate in endocrine activities, and griffonia simplicifolia extract can also be converted into central neurotransmitter 5-hydroxytryptamine to indirectly affect the release of neurohormones.
7. The effect of suppressing appetite
Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed Extract Application:
Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract is used as pharmaceutical raw materials and stuff.
It is used in beverage for health care.
It is used as healthy food additive.