Oleander extract is a plant. Its use as a poison is well known. Some of the deaths from oleander are accidental but others are due to suicide. In parts of Asia it is commonly used as a suicide agent.Despite the danger, oleander seeds and leaves are sometimes used to make medicine. Oleander is used for heart problems, cancer, skin problems, and other conditions. But there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
Oleander extract has traditionally been used in the treatment of cardiac illness, asthma, diabetes mellitus, corns, scabies, cancer, and epilepsy, and in wound healing as an antibacterial/antimicrobial. However, limited quality clinical trials are available to support these uses.
FDA raised concerns about oleander in its response to a 1998 new dietary ingredient notification (NDIN) for oleander extract. Such notifications are provided to FDA to establish the safety of an NDI before it’s marketed in a supplement in the U.S.
“All parts of the oleander plant are poisonous to man and animals and serious adverse effects are associated with ingestion, inhalation and contact of mucus membranes with oleander or oleander extracts,” an FDA official, Lynn Larsen, stated in response to the notification in a letter dated Dec. 23, 1998.
|Product Name:||Nerium oleander powder||Apperance:||Brown fine powder|
|Test Method||TLC||Application||Health Proctect|
|Specification||10:1,20:1||Place of Origin:||China (Mainland)|
|Packing:||Bag and Drum||Shelf life||2 years|
Brown fine powder
100% pass 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Moulds
1. Oleander extract can nourish kidney yang, replenish vital essence and blood, moisten the bowelsto relieve constipation.
2. It also can enhance the immune system and promote body's immunity.
3. It can moisturize the intestine and relax the bowels.
4. It clears up the free radical and has anti-aging functions; meanwhile it can prevent arteriosclerosis.
5. It can relax the bowels and promote digestion.
6. It has mutual function to glucocorticoid to adjust it to the needs of body.
7. It also prevent gastric ulcer, inhibit gathering of blood platelet and is effective to AIDS
1. Nutritional supplements.
2. Health food products.
4. Pharmaceutical products.
5. Skin Care Materials.