Phycocyanin is a dark blue powder isolated from spirulina. It is mainly found in cyanobacteria, red algae and cryptophyta. Its function is to absorb light (orange yellow) and transfer light energy. It is not only a kind of protein, but also an excellent natural food pigment and a good health food.
Nutrients rich in spirulina:
(1) it is rich in vitamin B12 and iron, and is involved in the formation of red blood cells, which is an important component of heme and can improve anemia.
(2) vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects cells from free radical damage.
(3) rich in carotene (vitamin A), which helps maintain normal vision, healthy skin and bone growth and development.
(4) it is rich in vitamin B1, B6, nicotine, zinc, manganese, copper, selenium and other essential trace elements, which can maintain the health of human heart, nervous system and digestive system.
(5) cyanobacteria protein accounted for 60-70%, higher than soybean protein accounted for 30-35%, beef 18-22%, eggs 12-16%, tofu 8%, milk 3%; It contains eight essential amino acids, enzymes, minerals, chlorophyll, phylloerythrin, iron, and S.O.D enzymes that cannot be synthesized by human body.
Effects of phycocyanin
1, anti-cancer cells, anti-tumor.
2. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging.