1. Aphrodisiac and kidney: Okra has the reputation of "Plant Viagra". "Compendium of Materia Medica" states: "Okra, also called tonifying kidney grass, has the functions of skin care, stomach invigoration, liver protection, and kidney strengthening." The viscous protein has the function of protecting the kidney and making sperm, and has the auxiliary healing effect on prostate disease and kidney deficiency.
2. Fat suppression, weight loss and weight loss: Okra powder is a low-calorie and low-fever food with high water content, no cholesterol, and nutrients such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, and zinc. It is the best choice for weight loss.
3. Relieve constipation: Okra powder is high in methyl cellulose. After taking it, it absorbs moisture in the stomach and intestines, stimulates gastrointestinal peristalsis, reduces the waiting time for food residue in the stomach, promotes digestion and reduces constipation.
4. Skin care and beauty: Okra contains vitamin D/C and soluble chemical fiber. After taking it, it has the effect of health care on the skin. It can also eliminate oxygen free radicals in the body, slow down cell aging, improve skin ductility, remove melanin and calm down .
5. Lowering blood lipids: The viscous protein and gum arabic in okra can ease the body's digestion and absorption of sugar and reduce the body's requirements for insulin glargine. It is very suitable for diabetics.
6. Anti-cancer and anti-cancer: Okra contains the mineral elements zinc and selenium, which have anti-cancer and anti-cancer effects. In addition, the β-carotene in okra can eliminate oxygen free radicals in the body, improve the body's resistance, prevent tumors, venous thrombosis, aortic atherosclerosis, and delay aging.
7. Strong bones: Organic okra powder contains rich and colorful calcium, which is comparable to fresh milk, and its calcium intake is higher than cow's milk. It is suitable for vegetarians and those with milk protein allergies.
8. Eye protection: Okra powder contains vitamin D and β-carotene, which can relieve eye fatigue, relieve visual fatigue, and maintain all normal visual effects.
1. Rich in nutrients
Okra boasts an impressive nutrient profile.
Okra is an excellent source of vitamins C and K1. Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that contributes to your overall immune function, while vitamin K1 is a fat-soluble vitamin that’s known for its role in blood clotting (
Additionally, okra is low in calories and carbs and contains some protein and fiber. Many fruits and vegetables lack protein, which makes okra somewhat unique.Eating enough protein is associated with benefits for weight management, blood sugar control, bone structure, and muscle mass.
2. Contains beneficial antioxidants
Okra packs many antioxidants that benefit your health. Antioxidants are compounds in food that fend off damage from harmful molecules called free radicals (
Research shows that eating a diet high in polyphenols may improve heart health by lowering your risk of blood clots and oxidative damage.Polyphenols may also benefit brain health due to their unique ability to enter your brain and protect against inflammation
3. May lower heart disease risk
High cholesterol levels are associated with a greater risk of heart disease.Okra contains a thick gel-like substance called mucilage, which can bind to cholesterol during digestion, causing it to be excreted with stools rather than absorbed into your body.One 8-week study randomly divided mice into 3 groups and fed them a high-fat diet containing 1% or 2% okra powder or a high-fat diet without okra powder.
4. May have anticancer properties
Okra contains a type of protein called lectin, which may inhibit the growth of human cancer cells.One test-tube study in breast cancer cells found that the lectin in okra may prevent cancer cell growth by up to 63%.Keep in mind that these studies were performed in test tubes with concentrated and extracted components of okra. More human research is needed before any conclusions can be drawn.
5. May lower blood sugar
Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels is very important for your overall health. Consistently high blood sugar can lead to prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.Research in mice indicates that eating okra or okra extract may help decrease blood sugar levels. In one study, rats given liquid sugar and purified okra experienced fewer blood sugar spikes than animals in the control group.
6. Beneficial for pregnant women
Folate (vitamin B9) is an important nutrient for pregnant women. It helps lower the risk of a neural tube defect, which affects the brain and spine of a developing fetus (16Trusted Source). It’s recommended that all women of childbearing age consume 400 mcg of folate every day.A review that included 12,000 healthy adult women found that most consumed just 245 mcg of folate per day, on average (17Trusted Source).
7. Easy to add to your diet
Though okra may not be a staple in your kitchen, it’s quite easy to cook.When purchasing okra, look for smooth and tender green pods without brown spots or dried ends. Store them in the fridge for up to four days before cooking.Usually, okra is used in soups and stews like gumbo. It contains mucilage, a thick substance that becomes gummy when heated.
Prevents growth of tumor cells Okra seed causes programmed cell death of tumor cells.
Anti stress propertyThere is evidence that gum seed extracts have antioxidant, anti-stress effect in the blood flow of mice. Managing stress levels is an important part of diabetes management. Prolonged, high stress levels can cause elevated blood sugar levels. Good mental health is the most important factor in the prevention of diabetes. You can prevent diabetes by using okra seeds.
Vitamin K richThe most abundant vitamins in okra seeds are vitamin K. This vitamin helps strengthen the bones and facilitates blood clotting. Okra seed therefore helps prevent osteoporosis, fractures and excessive bleeding (injury or bleeding disorders)
Okra Seed is a Good Source of Calcium
Okra seed provides plenty of calcium and magnesium to help prevent calcium and magnesium deficiency. In addition to having healthy bones, calcium is needed to regulate heart rhythms, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. It also highly helps muscle function and nerve signaling functions.
PROTECTS SKIN AND HAIR HEALTHThe nutrients contained in gumbo and especially vitamin C are vital for skin health. Vitamin C slows the aging of the skin while strengthening the tissue. Helps prevent skin pigmentation Rejuvenates your skin and repairs damages. If you have dry and weak hair boil the okra and wash your hair with juice, this application will solve the problem to a large extent. Okra is an excellent moisturizer for dry and itchy scalp. Softens & moisturizes your hair
Protects the liver Okra seeds help to preserve liver health when consumed regularly.
Prevents growth of tumor cellsOkra seed causes programmed cell death of tumor cells.
Okra Seed Improves Heart Health
Thanks to the soluble fiber in okra seed, it naturally helps to lower cholesterol and therefore reduces the possibility of cardiovascular disease. Consuming okra seeds is an effective method to manage the body's cholesterol levels. Okra seeds also provide pectin, which can help reduce high cholesterol by modifying the formation of bile in the intestines alone.
Preventing colon cancerBy adding okra seeds to your meals, it is possible to prevent colon cancer that causes many health problems in the body. For this, especially in the summer as a vegetable okra or okra seeds you can choose.
Protects the liverOkra seeds help to preserve liver health when consumed regularly.
Okra Seed Powder Improves Eyesight
Okra seed is used medicinally in some countries to improve eyesight. Okra seeds are a source of vitamin A and beta-carotene, an important nutrient for maintaining flawless eyesight (along with healthy skin). However, it can highly help prevent eye related diseases.
Okra seeds contain quercetin, catechin, epicatechin, routine and antioxidants such as procyanidin thanks to the public is known as sugar is an effective vegetable species to prevent diabetes.
Okra Seed is a Good Source of Protein
The nutritional contributions of okra seed are so many that it has been called the protein balance of both fiber, lysine and tryptophan amino acids. In a study conducted in 2007, it was seen that those who consumed okra seeds had sufficient protein in their bodies.
Okra Seed Helps Stabilize Blood Sugar
Okra seed helps balance blood sugar by regulating the absorption rate of sugar from the intestinal tract. In a scientific study conducted in 2011, a powder was made from okra bark and okra seeds to treat people with diabetes. Patients given the powder had lower blood sugar and fat levels than patients who did not use the powder.
Okra Seed is Good for Osteoporosis
Foods very rich in vitamin K, such as okra seeds, are very good for bones. Vitamin K helps the bones in the body to absorb calcium well. A 2009 study conducted in the UK found that people consuming enough vitamin K had very strong and less broken bones. It is also very useful against bone resorption known as osteoporosis.