Product Name:Bupleurum Root Extract
Latin Name: Bupleurum chinense
Specification Ratio: 4:1~20:1;
Part Used: root
Appearance: Brown Yellow Powder
Test Method: TLC
Application :Use for health care product and food additive;
Advantage :Best quality and priority price;
6.Certificate: KOSHER, HALAL, ISO,ORGANIC CERTIFICATE;
Bupleurum is a plant. People use the root for medicine. Bupleurum is used for respiratory infections, including the flu (influenza), swine flu, the common cold, bronchitis, and pneumonia; and symptoms of these infections, including fever and cough.
Bupleurum root extract has been used since ancient times to support liver functions and as a spleen and stomach tonic. There are more Bupleurum-based formulations in Chinese herbalism than any other herb. Many people use a Bupleurum-based formula for the first year or two of their herbal practice, then they eliminate these Bupleurum-based formulations from their tonic regimen. Bupleurum is said to be a harmonizing herb that regulates metabolic, hepatic and digestive functions.
Like most herbs, there are many grades of Bupleurum root, and the higher grade is more expensive, but well worth it for the extraordinary benefits that can be derived from consuming an appropriate
Bupleurum-based formulation. It usually takes a professional herbalist to determine which Bupleurum-based formulation is best for each person. Bupleurum-based formulations may be used along with other formulations, especially tonic formulations that support the Three Treasures.
The present invention is a kind of bupleurum root extract and its extracting process and medicinal use, and belongs to the field of Chinese medicine technology. The bupleurum root extract is obtained through extracting bupleurum root with alcohol solution, and contains bupleurum saponin-a in 20-30 wt% and bupleurum saponin-d in 10-20 wt%.
The preparation process includes crushing bupleurum root, extraction, concentration, column chromatography, eliminating saccharide, depurating, eluting, decolorizing, concentrating, drying and other steps. The extract has high effective component content, high purity, and excellent medicinal application for resisting inflammation, resisting virus, resisting tumor, regulating incretion, etc.
Brown fine powder
100% pass 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
Ethanol & Water
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Mold
Bupleurum contains A, B, C, D saponins, sterols, eugenol and eugenol and other essential oils, oleic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and other fatty acids, polysaccharides, etc., with typical functions as follows:
1. Relieve fever symptoms. Early research found that a large dose of Bupleurum decoction, 5 g/kg, can reduce people's fever;
2. Sedation and analgesia. Oral saikosaponin can calm mice and prolong sleep caused by benzodiazepines. In addition, Bupleurum extract can relieve pain and relieve cough at the same time;
3. Anti-inflammatory. Bupleurum root extract at a dose of 600mg/kg can significantly reduce the foot swelling caused by dextran and serotonin (5-HT) in rats, thereby achieving anti-inflammatory effects;
4. Antiviral effect. According to reports, injection of Bupleurum can effectively suppress influenza virus;
5. The effect on the liver. Rats that feed on Bupleurum extract have a much lower chance of inducing acute liver dysfunction after eating moldy rice.
Used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis, enlarged liver or spleen, chemical liver damage, liver stasis or liver congestion, depression, and irregular menstruation. Bupleurum is cited as an herb that increases protein synthesis in the liver, and reduces inflammation by inhibiting prostaglandin production.