What is Rhizoma Chuanxiong?
Rhizoma Chuanxiong (Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong) is a perennial herbal plant of the Umbelliferae / Apiaceae family. Rhizoma Chuanxiong is mainly grown in Sichuan province of China, also in Jiangxi, Hubei and Shaanxi.
Rhizoma Chuanxiong Hort (LC; Umbelliferae) is an effective medical plant, which has been extensively applied for many years to treat various diseases with other Chinese herbal medicines. Although a considerable amount of scientific research was reported on LC in the last decade, it is currently scattered across various publications. The present review comprises the chemical and pharmacological research on LC in the last decade.
Rhizoma Chuanxiong Hort (LC), family Umbelliferae, is also called Ligusticum wallichii Franchat. It is mainly distributed in Sichuan province (China) and first recorded in the Divine Husbandman’s Classic of the Materia Medica (Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing). The rhizome of LC is warm in property and pungent in flavor, with functions of promoting the circulation of the blood and qi, expelling wind, and alleviating pain, which has high medicinal value. LC has long been used as a traditional Chinese medicine in folk remedies and is widely applied in food preparation as a health protection. Its major chemical components include essential oil (EO), alkaloids, phenolic acids, phthalide lactones, and other constituents, which display vasorelaxation, antiinflammation, antioxidant, antiproliferation, and other activities in both in vitro and in vivo studies.
Brown fine powder
Loss on Drying
Pass 80 mesh
Alcohol & Water
1. It expels wind and relieve pain;
2. It activates blood and circulation;
3. It expands artery,,strenghen boold flow, reduce boold presure,inhibit thrombosis;
4. It eliminates wrinkle and scar,whiten skin,and nourish hair;
5. Antiradiation and bacteriostasis;
6. Treat coronary heart disease and angina pectoris;
7. Treat headache, rheumatism and arthralgia;
1. Applied in food field, szechwan lovage rhizome extract have therapeutic effect to female blood-insufficiency and dizziness;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, szechwan lovage rhizome extract can be made into capsules or oral liquid on the treatment of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease;
3. Applied in cosmetic field, szechwan lovage rhizome extract is aslo made of shampoo so as to prevent hair loss and white hair, and have the treatment effect on headache.