Polygonum cuspidatum Sieb et Zucc., commonly called Japanese knotweed or Mexican bamboo, is a member of the Polygonaceae family that is widely distributed in Asia and North America. Interest in Polygonum cuspidatum (PC) has increased owing to the high concentration of resveratrol and its glycosides in the root.
In traditional Chinese medicine, PC is called Hu Zhang and is used as an analgesic, antipyretic, diuretic, and an expectorant. Traditional uses include treatments for arthralgia, chronic bronchitis, jaundice, amenorrhea, and high blood pressure . Several studies have evaluated the antioxidant capacity of Polygonum cuspidatum extract (PCE) , and anti-inflammatory activities such as inhibition of NF-kB have been reported. At present, studies of PCE effects on classic symptoms of inflammation such as edema and neutrophil infiltration are lacking.
Traditional uses include treatments for arthralgia, chronic bronchitis, jaundice, amenorrhea, and high blood pressure . Several studies have evaluated the antioxidant capacity of Polygonum cuspidatum extract (PCE) [4,5], and anti-inflammatory activities such as inhibition of NF-kB have been reported [6-8]
Bambou Japonais, Bambou Mexicain, Extrait de Hu Zhang, Fallopia japonica, Fleece Flower, Giant Knotweed, He Shou Wu, Hojang-geun, Huzhang, Hu Zhang Extract, Hu Zhang Root, Itadori, Itadori-Kon, Japanese Bamboo, Japanese Knotweed, Japanese Knotwood, Mexican Bamboo, PCWE, Persicaire Cuspidée, Polygoni Multiflora, Polygonum cuspidatum, Racine de Hu Zhang, Renouée à Feuilles Pointues, Renouée du Japon, Renouée Japonaise, Reynoutria japonica, Tiger Cane.
Hu zhang is the Chinese name given to a plant with the scientific name of Polygonum cuspidatum. The root is used as medicine.Hu zhang is commonly used by mouthy for conditions of the heart, liver, and digestive system and to reduce symptoms of menopause. It is also applied to the skin to help speed wound healing. But there is no good scientific research to support these or other uses.
1. The effect of lowering blood lipids: Resveratrol and resveratrol glycosides can significantly reduce serum cholesterol and triglycerides.
2. Hepatoprotective and choleretic effect: Resveratrol glycosides have a strong inhibitory effect on lipid peroxidation, thereby reducing the accumulation of lipid peroxides in the liver and reducing liver damage.
3. Effects on the cardiovascular system: Resveratrol glycosides can dilate blood vessels, inhibit platelet aggregation, improve microcirculation, protect vascular endothelium, and lower blood pressure; Polygonum cuspidatum crystals can significantly inhibit ADP, AA and Ca2+ induced rabbit platelets Gather.
4. Anti-tumor effect: Polygonum cuspidatum extract has obvious inhibitory effect on mouse Ehrlich ascites cancer, sarcoma cancer 180, liver cancer, breast cancer, lymphosarcoma, melanoma and WACKER cancer in rats by oral administration. Both are greater than 30%.
5. Anti-pathogenic microorganisms: Resveratrol and Polygonum cuspidatum extract have a strong inhibitory effect on Staphylococcus, Streptococcus and certain viruses.
6. Antitussive and antiasthmatic effects: Polygonum cuspidatum extract can inhibit the contraction of tracheal smooth muscle caused by histamine.
7. Other effects: Resveratrol glycoside has a synergistic effect with pentobarbital and ethyl carbamate, which can significantly prolong the sleep time of mice. Polygonum cuspidatum extract also has antipyretic and analgesic effects, and has astringent, anti-infection and anti-inflammatory effects on burn wounds. Oral administration also has hemostatic effect on upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
8. Toxicity: Oral administration of Polygonum cuspidatum anthraquinone derivative 9g/kg, no death within 1 week; the LD50 of resveratrol glycoside and emodin for intraperitoneal injection of mice were (1000±57.3) mg/kg and (249.5± 34.3) mg/kg.
What is effective for the skin is not the traditional Chinese medicine of Polygonum cuspidatum, but the extract of Polygonum cuspidatum. It is mainly composed of resveratrol and emodin. The extract of Polygonum cuspidatum has a good effect on inhibiting the activity of melanocytes.
In addition, Polygonum cuspidatum extract also promotes the activity of macrophages. Therefore, the extract of Polygonum cuspidatum reduces the content of melanin on the skin from these two points, and is often used to make products with whitening effects. Polygonum cuspidatum extract can also be used as an anti-wrinkle type product because it has an inhibitory effect on elastase.
The extract of Polygonum cuspidatum has a very good whitening and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, which can make the skin white and attractive. The effect of Polygonum cuspidatum extract is more than that. The following editor will introduce you to other functions of Polygonum cuspidatum extract.
Email: [email protected]