Oleander leaf extract commonly known as “Kaner”, belongs to the family Apocynaceae. It is native to Indo-Pak subcontinent, widely distributed in Mediterranean region, subtropical Asia, southern United States and many other warms areas where it grows outdoors in parks, gardens and along roadsides by people who may not consider their toxic potential.
All parts of the plant are reputed as therapeutic agents and have been used in folklore in a variety of ailments including skin complaints, ringworm infections, opthalmia, cancer, epilepsy, eczema, malaria and gastrointestinal disturbances. Leaves and bark are also used as heart tonic, antibacterial, diuretic and anti-emetics.
On the contrary oleander leaf extract has been regarded as poisonous plant due to a number of its components that may show signs of toxicity. Toxic exposure of humans and different species of domestic animals to N. oleander cardenolides occurs commonly throughout the geographic regions where this plant grows
|Product Name:||Oleander Leaf Extract||Apperance:||Brown fine powder|
|Test Method||TLC||Application||Health Proctect|
|Specification||10:1,20:1||Place of Origin:||China (Mainland)|
|Packing:||Bag and Drum||Shelf life||2 years|
Brown fine powder
100% pass 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Moulds
Nerium oleander has been widely studied for medicinal purposes for variety of maladies. N. oleander has also been reported having noxious effects because of its number of components that may show signs of toxicity by inhibiting plasma lemma Na+, K+-ATPase. The present study was performed to scrutinize the toxic effect of N. oleander leaves extract and its clinical and pathological features in wistar rats.
1. Oleander leaf extract can nourish kidney yang, replenish vital essence and blood, moisten the bowelsto relieve constipation.
2. It also can enhance the immune system and promote body's immunity.
3. It can moisturize the intestine and relax the bowels.
4. It clears up the free radical and has anti-aging functions; meanwhile it can prevent arteriosclerosis.
5. It can relax the bowels and promote digestion.
6. It has mutual function to glucocorticoid to adjust it to the needs of body.
7. It also prevent gastric ulcer, inhibit gathering of blood platelet and is effective to AIDS
(1). Oleander leaf extract is applied in the food field, it has become a new raw material which used in food and beverage industry;
(2). It is applied in the health product field;
(3). It is applied in the pharmaceutical field.
Email: [email protected]