Wild yam, commonly known as colic root or Mexican wild yam, is native to China and North America. Wild yam, whose botanical name is Dioscorea villosa, is a tuberous vine (and not a root, as it is normally thought) that grows in wet and humid regions. It can be found growing in thickets all over the world, where there is tropical, subtropical and temperate climate.
Wild yam extract contains diosgenin, which has anti-fatigue, anti-inflammatory, anti-stress, hypocholesterolemic, and estrogenic effects.
Wild yam extract
Dioscorea oppositae thunb.
Place of Origin
Shaanxi, Henan, Zhejiang, Sichun, China
Diosgenine 16% White powder
5:1, 10:1 Brownish yellow
Medicine, food additives
Function & Application:
1. Replenishing the spleen and stomach.
2. Promoting fluid secretion and benefiting the lung.
3. Strengthening the kidney and restraining seminal discharge.
4. Increasing the hormones and regulating the body functions.
5. Lower blood pressure, prevent cardiovascular diseases and inflammation, protect the liver.
1. Natural Wild Yam Extract supplements are used to balance estrogen. Natural progesterone has a structure similar to that of human progesterone and is made form plant fats;
2. Wild Yam Extractis reach in diosgenin, so it became the most popular source of natural progesterone.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is used in treating bladder weakness, diarrhea, dysentery, coughs, and thirst
4. Applied in cosmetics field, it is one indispensible additive for cosmetic products.
Packaging & Shipping